Follow us :
Career’s DepartmentHome / Career’s Department
The vision statement of the school states that ‘the school must assist students in deciding their future course of careers.’ At Stanes, guidance and counselling services are given utmost priority.
The School’s careers programme is based on the principles of self development, career exploration and career management.
What we offer:
- An effective Careers guidance for students to support choices and to enable them to make informed decisions relating to their future.
- Organise an Aptitude- Interest- Personality test for A form with a detailed report and follow-up individual counselling.
- Academic advising for students.
- Student Handbooks:
- Study Smart- A guide to effective learning
- Studying Overseas- Admission procedures for foreign universities
- U- Special- Admission procedures for colleges in India
- Specific information and guidance to students and parents relating to subject choices, Higher Education choices, and to advise and expose them to possible career paths.
- Training and practice as appropriate in the form of supervised CV writing, SOP and Personal Essay writing, Interview Training, Indian and International applications for college admissions (UCAS ,Common Application, OCAS etc. ).
- Support and administer University applications for present and past students in the country and abroad. This includes making transcripts, recommendations letters, predicted grades and the school profile.
- Correspond and follow-up with universities about our student applications.
- Developing and building relationships with university admission officers.
- Organise visits by university representatives.
- Up-to-date resources in the Department.
- A library where students can research careers and university courses.
- Latest information about developments at government and university level to ensure that our students are well served in their progression from school to university and that they are kept informed of material changes and trends.
- Advice and assistance to students on all Careers and Higher Education related matters by organising workshops, seminars, career talks and visits to career fairs.
- Information and guidance relating to scholarships and bursaries available at universities.
- Facilitate IELTS and SAT English and Maths classes.
- A comprehensive process for internships and to advise and follow up placements as appropriate. We are presently working towards creating internship opportunities for the students.
News / Events
Press Report on Cross Country Race
Runners battled the element as STANES ANGLO INDIAN HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL e ...ReadmoreJULY2
CROSS COUNTRY RACE
The Cross Country Race for the ICSE Stream for the juniors started at 6:30 a ...ReadmoreJULY2
" If your actions inspire, inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more ...ReadmoreJune20