Follow us :
OriginHome / Origin
Sir Robert Stanes was compassionate towards the downtrodden. He was anxious to do some good amongst the people who were much neglected and started a Sunday School for children. Finding them entirely uneducated, he started a day school in a little rented house near ‘Kumaran market’. The school commenced on 6th November, 1862 with two boys, two girls and two teachers. The school then moved to a house near the TELC Church, where it continued for more than 50 years. The school then occupied the building which is presently the General Post Office.
With increasing number of students Robert Stanes was particular that the school campus must be very spacious. So he bought the present campus on Avinashi Road. The foundations for the buildings were laid on 23rd September 1927. Amid pomp and splendor befitting the occasion he stated that, “the unseen foundation of the new building was being laid on the solid ground of God’s Word, the Bible”. This school has ever been noted as a Protestant Evangelical
School where the word of God is read and taught daily. His wish for the children was that they go forth into life as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ putting Him first in all things.
Stanes School – ICSE/ISC was established in the year of 2012.
News / Events
Investiture Ceremony on 23-06-2018Investiture Ceremony of the Student Council for the Academic year 2018 - 2019 is ...ReadmoreJUNE23