Our school Facilities
- We in Stanes have adequate classrooms which are well lit and ventilated enough to be comfortable even during power failures.
- There are sufficient desks in addition to build- in- cupboards for keeping school material etc., thus providing students total comfort in their class rooms.
- Bulletin boards are also well placed in the classroom.
- Smartclass facility is provided for all the classes which makes learning a joyous experience.
Sports & Games
- “A sound mind in a sound body”. Sports and games are an integral part of the school’s curriculum and it is needless to say that Stanes has always given equal importance to academics and sports over the years, which has led to the development of skills like sportsmanship, team work, team spirit in children.
- We take pride in revealing the fact that our school has separate grounds, the hockey field, football ground, cricket ground and nets with a pavilion, basketball court, volley ball court, badminton nets, athletic tracks etc.
- ‘Rajendran Sports Hall’ which is an indoor unit with all facilities for volley ball, basketball, table tennis, shuttle badminton, gymnasium etc, provides great opportunity to the students to ensure their fitness.
- The highlight of the sports events is the Cross-Country race which has been the tradition of Stanes Anglo-Indian Hr. Sec. School over a century.
- Special training is given every day for the deserving sportsmen to increase their proficiency in sports and athletics.
- Students exhibit their skills and sportsmanship which culminates with the Annual Sports Day where all the four houses (Lions, Panthers, Tigers & Wolves) battle for the Cock house.
- “Learning by doing”. Keeping in tune with modern times, Stanes Anglo Indian Hr. Sec. School ensures that practical knowledge is placed on an equal footing with theoretical knowledge for the all-round development of the students. For this purpose, Stanes school provides well equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science which in turn helps the students to enrich their overall personality through motivation and reinforcement.
- Every year latest instruments, specimens, charts etc. are purchased for these laboratories.
- The school spacious STANES library is integral to the teaching and learning process. Our School library aims are
- To give every student the opportunity to learn, to enjoy reading and to create new knowledge and understanding.
- To enrich/extend learning opportunities for all pupils by providing extra resources.
- To enable teachers to more easily use a wide range of resources in the classroom.
- The school library ‘NALANDA’ was extended during the year 1987 to commemorate the 125th year of the school.
The Stanes Library was enriched with a collection of around 1500 reference books. Around 10,000 books comprising of titles on art, Biographies of famous personalities, popular fiction etc., are available for student circulation using card system. Around 25 magazines and almost all local newspapers (Tamil and English) that enables and promotes students to keep abreast with the latest happenings are also available. The Stanes Library activities include reading hour sessions, interactions, literary events, quizzes, reading challenges etc. The Library is being managed by a qualified dedicated all-time-staff.
- “Good is the word of the Lord” (Is 39:8) In the rich heritage of Stanes School, gathering as a school community for worship and prayer has been a regular practice. Spiritual development is an important and core area for our students.
- Students and staff are a part of the prayer and worship in the chapel every morning before assembly. As believers, we place a high value on the word of God. It is through belief in God’s word that we are saved (Rom 10:17) God’s word then becomes our guide for life in every circumstance whether it be in employment, in social life, in the family circle or in assembly practice.
- Our founder Sir Robert Stanes aspired ‘To live by the word of God’.
- ‘To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art.’ We at Stanes provide children with food and drinks that are part of a healthy diet.
- We believe that ‘the greatest Wealth is Health’ and emphasize this to our students.
- Our cafeteria was renovated and expanded giving room for students and teachers to relax and have their sumptuous and nutritious food, snacks and fruit drinks in a healthy manner. Our cafeteria has also a well-equipped dining hall adjacent to it.